I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Unknown Lands RP : Where Anything Can Happen!
Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:27 pm by Agent C

» Friday! (March 3rd)
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:27 pm by Ami~

» Zecarayus H. Trevelean
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:56 pm by Ami~

» Knuckles' Perks
Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:50 am by Knuckles Shi

» Challenger Approaching
Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:23 am by Erebus

» I'l give it a shot
Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 pm by Ami~

» W.I.P
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:30 pm by The howitzer

» W.I.P
Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:09 am by The howitzer

» A little organization?
Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:06 am by The howitzer

The Owner
Silver Wolf

Administrators
AmiiKitty PrydeRoland Gates

Guests : 0
Hidden : 0
Users Online :
Refresh View the whole list

The Combat and Elemental Guide

The Combat and Elemental Guide

Post by The Collector on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Re: The Combat and Elemental Guide

Post by The Collector on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Guide to GodModding and What Not to Do
    In this thread, GMing = GodModding

The Time Factor

Basically you aren’t supposed to manipulate time or space. This is a given and everyone understands this.

"What if I have an ability that controls time?"

Well if the said site allows such an ability it’s probably got enough restrictions on it to make such an ability fair. You still however have to follow the flow of the fight even if it’s not in your favor or if it means losing. Also please note that here we will be allowing the use of timeline manipulation but only to a certain extent. Timeline manipulation is when say a character runs over and attacks you, and you perform a action that basically destroys half their post. The proper way of fighting is that player A attacks and player B dodges so please be mindful of that.

This means specifically if you make an attack or perform an action. You have to finish it. Even if it fails it has happened. You can’t just change your mind. It disrupts play.

"But they used an attack to defend against my attack. If I continue my attack I’ll be hit as well!"

True that. However if it makes logical sense you can still move through the attack and hit him afterwards. You may take damage but he will take the hit as well regardless. You can also make slight adjustments that don't change the overall and still dodge the attack. Or if the attack would be forced to be stopped if you dodged than you can dodge and not make the attack.

In the end if you feel like the need, get your admin or somebody to take care of the situation if something seems amiss or you feel your being cheated.

To point out that this is one of the most common ways to godmod (GM not to be confused with Guild Master) for rookies and anyone whose never been called out on godmodding before.

Autohitting

Another bad habit many rookie RPers have is auto-hitting. This is when you make an attack and it hits your opponent without a chance of dodging. Are there going to be times when your opponent just can’t dodge your attack. Yes. It happens. However let them get in trouble for dodging what should be undodgeable rather than forcing the autohit. The easiest way to do this is to just say things like. “Fred thrust his sword at Bob’s chest…” rather than “Fred thrust his sword into Bob’s chest…”

If somebody autohits however it’s an easy mistake to fix. As the other player what should you do. First even if the attack should hit you anyways you can get a free dodge. However make sure you actually point out how you dodged even if it seems impossible. It maintains the flow and when flow is disrupted it pisses people off and it just creates havoc. Or you could be fair and just take the hit anyway if you could not have dodged the hit. It’s entirely up to you.

However after you post at the bottom add a little OOC notice that this happened, quote it to let your RP partner know they did it, ask them not to do it again, and move on with life and the thread. It’s fast and simple. If he/she gets vindictive you have a quote to prove it happened and you’ll win any argument they throws out at you or at least should. Also if you free dodged let them know you are aware you did that and that you did it for this reason. It’s not a big deal.

Here we will give you some examples of autohitting and some on how you should fight:

1. Fred punches Bob in the face (Not the right way!)
    2. Fred punches Bob in the face, throwing Bob several meters away in the air, and leaving him unconscious. (Not the right way!)
    3. Fred attempts to punch Bob in the face (Correct! From here, Bob can deflect the punch, receive it, evade it or whatever he wishes to do within reasons)

OOC vs. IC

Remember that you are not your character. Just because you know something doesn’t mean your character does. It also doesn’t mean your character can figure it out. If he/she can, great. But if you can somehow RP your way through it just for your own advantage or personal gain you’re just going to piss off everybody else and make the thread less enjoyable.

It is also avoid bringing personal vendetta’s and any personal disdain towards a person for whatever into an rp. You are not your character. Don’t get mixed up in the two. If your mad about something and feel you’ll do this, take a day or two off to cool down. This isn’t really considered GMing but it does make you look like a huge jerk and can make people like you less even if it was just a personal mistake.

A single note in this whole thread will be made for directing  something and that’s that there’s a rumor going around about a potential spy in the alliance. For example, as a character  "Oh I gotta find out who the spy is and make sure I prevent him from leaking vital information to the enemy!" As a player though I’m more or less uncaring about the whole situation and I’m not going to keep another player from letting their character take the course they want. I see good chances for plot development for the site and maybe my character so I have no problem with it.

Anime vs. Physics

This RP is based off of an anime/manga. Your punch can send people through walls and flying into the sky and into the next town. You can fight your way through broken legs and walk on them. However if your legs are broken. You’re not moving nearly as fast as you normally could. Even if you can’t feel the pain the effects remain. You just don’t notice them. It’s more of a hindrance to not feel pain than to feel pain actually. Your character is still a human by some level or meaning of the word. If there’s no possible way for you to do something, don’t do it. Yes it's an anime but no that doesn't mean you can do anything and everything.

Basically you can’t RP your way out of the following:

• Paralysis
    • Getting your head chopped off.
    • Multiple broken bones
    • Severed limbs.
    • Heart Extraction
    • ~insert other serious/fatal injury~

If you do you’re doing it wrong.

Players vs. Rules

The site has the rules for a reason. But what if players don’t like the rules? That’s fine. As long as your RP partners agree to that set of rules you want to play by I don’t think anyone will complain if you play by them. Just don’t force players to play by your rules. The site rules are fair even if they're not perfect. No site rules are perfect. Don’t force people to play by your set of rules though and live with the site rules and don’t extend those rules set for one thread by mistake to another thread. It’s not a good idea.

Example: If the rules give a 24 hour posting limit but all players in the thread want to do a 48 hour posting limit for real life reasons or whatever. Do it. There will be little chance anyone will have a problem with it.

"Oh no I lost!" It is understandable that nobody wants to lose a fight. Who does? But make sure you understand this. If you’ve won every fight you’ve ever fought via rp and took maybe two hits in all those fights put together, you’ve either fought mostly people vastly below your characters level of power, or YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. You’re going to get hit and you’re going to lose fights. It’s not a big deal. Especially here where staff won't let you die baring your character jumping into a lava pit.

Cooperation and Communication

Lastly you need to cooperate with your rp partners. If you don’t understand something ask and if you are asked answer truthfully. Make sure everyone’s on the same page to avoid mistakes.

The best way to do this without bogging and slowing things down is combat spoilers in an OOC section at the bottom of your post. Add every attack you do (magical and even non-magical attacks would be preferred) and post the spell you use here as well. This limits confusion and lets the opponent know that they have to figure out how to dodge this or not dodge this. It may seem a little tedious and it is a little but it makes a huge difference towards maintaining the flow as where some threads don’t have these and everything goes to hell because nobodies on the same page. If it’s not enough which sometimes it’s not, PMs and talking to each other helps to.

"Hey! My opponent is dodging all of my attacks They must be godmodding!" This statement is a maybe. First off, what were your attacks? Were they all point blank? Were they charging attacks at an dodge-able speed? Are they ten times stronger than you to begin with? The circumstance is something you need to understand. Just because they are dodging all your attacks doesn’t mean they're godmodding necessarily. They might be. But you might just be running around swinging a sword around like a flailing fish. Basically what I’m saying is, think before you call someone out. It might actually be your fault and not his.

In a sword fighting scenario: You’re of even power and your both using swords or some sort of weapon. By the end of the fight, both of you are probably injured. The story is also cooler if you both get injured. Plus if you take the risk of getting your arm chopped off and you still win the fight. Your character may be stuck without an arm for a while or forever but you look bad**s and gain RP skills.

In Conclusion

Staff will help you if you tell them whats going on. It's a small staff and they can't watch everything. If you feel like your opponent is godmodding bring it up with staff and let them figure it out. We have awesome staff members who probably don't look to kindly on GMing. They can't however get to everything unless you tell them it's going on.

*Credit to @Ean Sableheart

Post by The Collector on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:21 pm

So this is just a list of elements available through advanced elements and enhanced nature's none of this is actually set in stone, nor does it actually list all the elements, these are just idea's if you have any other ideas or elements I forgot let me know.

Advanced Elemental Options:

Earth + Fire=Lava: Lava is a type of elemental magic that is used through the combination of fire and earth. Lava has the properties to burn through rock and essentially boil water to the point where in extreme heats, water does little to no damage against it.  Lava is also a type of devastation element where it is used to destroy rather than to create and protect as such it is more offense than defense.

Water + Lightning=Storm: Storm is a type of elemental magic that is used through the combination of water and lightning.  Storm has the properties to slice through water like a butter knife as well as enhance electrical feats. Often times Storm like spells are shot out like lasers of blue and white. Storm is a devastation element where it is used to destroy rather than to create and protect, as such it is more offense than defense.

Lightning + Steel=Magnet: Magnet is a type of elemental magic that is used through the combination of Lightning and earth. Magnet has the properties to use the poles of the world to direct the motion of any metal that has a North and South end.  The use of magnet could be to slightly make an attack off balance if the opponent has metal on their person.  Magnet is a creation as well as protective element, as such it is more defense than offense.

Earth + Water=Wood: Wood is a type of elemental magic that is used through the combination of earth and water.  Wood has the properties of recreating trees or wooden like weapons, barriers, or anything else out of wood with the strength property of that of a tree.  Wood is both a creation and devastation magic as such it is both defense and offense.

Sky + Water=Cloud: Cloud is a type of elemental magic that is used through the combination of Sky and Water.  Cloud has the properties to manipulate clouds to the users liking, allowing flight by cloud and in extreme cases one could harden the clouds to fall like hail a hail storm.  Storm is both a creation and devastation magic as such it is both defense and offense.

Shadow+Fire=Fiend Fyre: Fiend Fyre is a type of elemental magic that is used through the combination of Shadow and fire. Fiend Fyre has the properties of eternal flames, in other words they are black flames that forever stay lit until the user wishes to cut out the flames themselves.  Fiend Fyre can not be consumed, it is often used to bind angels, demons, and other creatures from ever leaving it's grasp. It's main purpose is to bind but it can be used to destroy. Fiend fyre is both protection and devastation element, as such it is both defense and offense.

Shadow + Holy=Twilight: Twilight is a type of elemental magic that is used through the combination of shadow and holy. Twilight has the properties of both creating light and dimming light to complete darkness. This type of element is mostly used for AOE purposes. Twilight is a protection and distraction element, as such it is more defense that offense.

Lighting + Earth=Static: Static is a type of elemental magic that is used through the combination of lightning and earth.  Static has the properties of body connection, of which the only way to do harm with static is by contact of skin as electrical like currents surge through the body of the user, however these currents can be directed into the ground and make the area a complete conductor. Static and also be used to connect the user to the ground to avoid any blow back as well as bind others the same way.  Static comes out in a blue and yellow like form. {Think Stein from Soul Eater}Static is a protection and attack based element, as such it is both offensive and defensive.

Post by The Collector on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:35 pm

The Vault System

Good morning, afternoon, night or whatever ladies and gentlemen. Are you tired of carrying around your heavy items when you want to make more items or carry event items or even just make room for items to come? How about are you scared of dying and losing all your Jewels? Well look no more, the vault system is here for you. Here with the vault system you can deposit your equipment and jewels for safekeeping to make more room for yourself. But wait there's more, the vault system ensures that if you deposit your money into the Vault and your character dies, a notice will be sent to your new character with the combination to the vault, and whatever you put into the vault now belongs to your new character without having to spend money to get it all back - isn't that just awesome?! But wait there's more, everyone starts off with a Vault, you heard right your vault is free with 6 Free Space slots and a Mini Jewel bag that holds up to 50,000 Jewels! WOW! So what are you waiting for come use the Vault System today!

How it Works:

1. Everyone starts off with a free Vault that has 6 free space slots plus a mini jewel bag that allows a deposit of up to 50,000 Jewels at a time.

2. Each Vault is secured to your character, the only way someone could get access to your vault is if you personally give permission to that user to deposit out of your vault.

3. If you die and you deposited items into the vault, a message will be sent to your new character via first post giving the "combination" to the vault, of which if you have added on space or a bigger jewel bag you get to keep it as well as whatever is in the vault for your new character to use.

4. A player can pay to expand their space and jewel bag to increase the amount of items and jewels that can be deposited into the vault for safe keeping.

Space Slots:
    The first six space slots are free but additional ones will cost you. One space slot is a total of 10,000 Jewels, however if someone chooses to buy five space slots they get a discount of which one becomes free. The maximum number of space slots is unlimited. So long as the user has the money to buy space slots than the more space they have for items.

Jewel Bags:
    The first jewel bag is free and is able to carry a total of 50,000 Jewels but to add more space to your jewel bag will cost you.

• Big Jewel Bag, Carries about 1,000,000 Jewels costs 50,000 Jewels.

• Traveler's Jewel Bag, Carries about 200,000,000 Jewels and costs 1,000,000 Jewels. This requires the Big Jewel bag be bought first.

Reincarnation In-thread
    If a character reincarnates in the thread they must have restrictions after coming back from the dead, for a certain amount of posts or for the rest of the thread. It will take at least 2 posts to reincarnate and those that reincarnate back in thread receive 1/10 of their health. Keep in mind that if you reincarnate once, you can not do so again within the same thread.

Note**If someone in the thread is going after a bounty, then you are forced to reincarnate in a new thread, and leave the current thread. Once you are killed, the bounty will be given and fallen Player must follow the reincarnation rules for out-of-thread reincarnation. If they bounty hunter succeeds in killing you they are rewarded for bounty, and the bounty is removed.

Reincarnation Out-of-thread
    As seen with some once they die, they automatically exit the thread and are reincarnated into another thread at 1/5 health. This reincarnation also requires that they have some restrictions either in the following thread or over a period of threads. Keep in mind that a character can only be reincarnated 3 times before they are forever pronounced dead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:34 pm